The Kinds of Information We Collect and HoldThe type of information that we collect from you will depend on the products and services you require. We may collect and hold a range of different information about you. This can include your name, date of birth, contact details (including address, email address, phone number or mobile telephone number), credit card details, occupation, identity card number, driver's licence number, passport number, username or password and information about how you use our products and services.
How We Collect InformationYou may choose to submit information to us when you elect to:
- Make a booking or place an order with us
- Request information, prices or rates be sent to you
- Submit a question or comment via our website enquiry or feedback forms
- Apply for or request further information on any of the guest loyalty, rewards or marketing programmes that we administer
Use of InformationThe information that we collect about you is used to help you access our products and services more easily, and to continuously strive to provide a better level of service by understanding our guests. The information we collect from you is strictly confidential. We will not collect any information except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by you. We may share this information with the other of our entities in the SilverNeedle® Hospitality Group, but other than this we do not share any information about you unless you give your written consent or we are required by law to do so. When you visit our website, our web server collects some basic information such as your Internet service provider’s domain name, which pages you accessed on our website, and when. We use this information only to analyse the use of our website to help guide improvements. We do not collect any personally identifiable information. Your personal information may also be used for the following purposes:
- Promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning you (unless otherwise advised)
- Statistical purposes including general analysis of sales data
- Any other customer support services
- You give us your consent
- You would reasonably expect us to disclose it for another purpose, and that other purpose is related to the purpose specified to you at the time of collection
- We are required by law or it is otherwise necessary, as contemplated by the applicable Privacy Legislation
- We use service providers, cloud computing solutions or data storage in other locations;
- We, or our related bodies corporate, have offices in other countries;
- We need to comply with foreign legal or regulatory requirements; or
- An international payment has been made.
Security of Your InformationAny information that we collect about customers including email addresses will be kept in our database. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold is protected against misuse and loss, modification or disclosure, and from unauthorised access, including restricting access of information only to employees who require it in order to fulfil our obligations to you. We will comply with all legislation, principles, industry codes and policies relating to information privacy protection by which we are bound. We never released your information to third party websites.
Your Rights to Access InformationYou have the right to request access to the personal information that our companies have relating to your history, profile or membership. You can access, update or correct your personal information upon request (by phone or email below), subject to any exemptions, which may be applicable under the applicable Privacy Legislation. We may need to ask you some detailed questions to ensure that only the appropriate person is able to access the information. In some circumstances, you may need to put your request in writing. You can also request that we delete your personal information at any time. If you have provided us with your personal details but would prefer not to receive any promotional material or product offers via direct mail or email, then please advise us on the contact details below.
Children’s InformationWe have no intention of collecting any personal information from individuals under thirteen (13) years of age. If a child has provided us with personal information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us at the email address listed below if they would like this information deleted from our records.
Links to Other WebsitesPlease note that our website may contain links to other websites and that the privacy policies of these websites may be different from ours, including the way in which these websites collect personal information. We advise you to check the privacy policies of such other websites before disclosing any personal information. These websites do not share your personal information with us. You can always confirm what website you are on by checking the location bar within your browser.
Contact Information for EnquiriesWe take the privacy of your information seriously and it is important that you understand how we manage your personal information. Please contact us if you believe:
- Someone has gained access to your personal information
- We have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way, or
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: +61 2 8962 2444
- By fax: +61 2 8962 2320